At Gold & Wassall, we understand the need to keep your personal information safe. It is not only a legal obligation, but also a firm commitment to our customers, that we will always be clear and open about how we process your personal data.
• We will never sell your information to a third party
• We will always allow you to access any data we record about you or your company, at any time
The information we hold on record for you will include, but is not limited to;
• Your name
• Your address and/or business addresses
• Your telephone number(s)
• Your email address (including accounts/purchasing and any other email addresses, where applicable)
• Your company information (including VAT registration/Company registration details, where applicable)
• IP address
• Any other information you willingly provide as part of any business transaction
what we do with your information
Your personal information is used as follows;
• For the purposes of contact, including responses to enquiries, quote requests, account queries, complaints and information requests.
• To process orders and any other requests
• To update you on the progress of your order
• To uphold our relationship with you, the customer
• For customer satisfaction purposes, and quality control
• To protect the rights and/or property of Gold & Wassall (Hinges) Ltd
• To obtain credit insurance during any potential account application
You may receive occasional marketing material from Gold & Wassall. This will only ever be content relevant to products you have purchased or expressed an interest in previously. Marketing can be in the form of emails, which will only ever come from Gold & Wassall direct, or in the form of a direct telephone call from a member of Gold & Wassall staff. You can opt out of all marketing content at any time - please contact us to do this. For more information on your rights regarding marketing, please visit: https://eugdpr.org/
We periodically send out customer satisfaction surveys by email. The survey is solely for the purpose of getting customer feedback, so we can improve our service. A link to the survey is sent by direct email from a Gold & Wassall account. The survey itself is hosted by Survey Monkey®, who are fully GDPR compliant, details can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/gdpr/
We retain your personal information for a period of time that is no longer than is necessary for the reason it was collected initially. (eg. we will not destroy address records which remain relevant when supplying goods to you).
Determining factors on how long we keep your data are as follows;
• You (the customer), and any reasonable practices as described above.
• Relevant timescales as indicated by law
• Data protection guidelines
Aside from the above, we will safely destroy all data immediately after use. We never store or keep credit/debit card details.
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.